It was previously very blue, and was probably just the thing sometime back in the early 70s. But the wall that divides it from the adjoining bedroom is not original to the building which makes me wonder what earlier inhabitants did about washing and bathing, since clearly they wouldn't have had a separate bathroom. And as with the mystery of the missing well, where did they get their water from?
It was probably very cosy having a tin bath in front of what would have been a huge open fire, if that's what they did, but it would have represented a huge amount of work lugging and heating
enough water, and it certainly wouldn't have been private!
As for toilet facilities, well, I guess there must have been the French
equivalent of an outside privy but I have no idea where it might have been. I'm so glad it isn't like that now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment